Testing is almost here and I am grappling with two questions:
- How do I review with the kids to make it meaningful and engaging?
- What do I have the kids do on the days we are testing math and I have a substitute in the room?
Here are my solutions so far, let me know what you are doing to solve these two problems.
- I have found a variety of game based review activities. Many of them are on tpt. Here is the list:
- Bingo Chip Review using problems from Kuta Software. I love that I can turn on the multiple choice feature to make as many multiple choice problems as I need. The game directions are from Math=Love blog here: Place Your Bets
- 8th grade Bingo review based on strand: 8th Grade Math Review Bingo Made by Free to Discover.
- I will use a few of the ideas from this site: 8 Student Approved Ways to Review from Jennifer Findley at Teach to Inspire.
- I think I will use the gallery walk idea as well as the dress-up activity.
- I am going to try to use coloring page notes. I found them on tpt by Math Giraffe. I think this will help them review material while still relaxing after taking the high stakes tests.
What are your solutions for this crazy end of year testing?